Effective Sales Manager Training Courses
Management and leadership of a sales team represent an enormous challenge in business. Typically, sales management issues occur because:
- A top sales producer is promoted, but his sales skill set doesn’t translate to a sales leadership role. The usual expectation is that a great sales professional can be promoted to Sales Manager and will be able to create a lot of Mini Me’s. Nothing could be further from the truth.
- An equally perplexing problem occurs when companies are transitioning from a principal-led sales model. A decision to hire a sales person or team results in an unintentional promotion of the principal to Sales Manager. Often these principals have sold successfully through passion and conviction, but are at a loss to provide direction beyond “Here’s what I would do…”
- An executive from another part of the business inherited the sales team and the role of VP of Sales or Sales Manager, but was never provided with the sales manager training or direction to succeed
- Sales strategy hasn’t been well defined, so the company is always trying something new in hopes of achieving revenue goals
- There is no sales methodology or process and the manager is managing everybody differently
- No structured on-boarding process, sales manager training or sales meetings are in place
- The Executive Team has a limited sales background and has difficulty defining deliverables, evaluating results and providing accountability for sales leadership.
Need Help Taking Your Team to the next level?
Management and leadership of a sales team represents an enormous challenge. You’re required to deliver on goals you may have had little voice in determining, with only one or two top producers mixed in with new hires and those on a performance plan. The SELLect Sales Methodology will provide you and your team a consistent approach to selling, with tools and management techniques to ensure your reps are properly implementing proven steps for success.
SELLect partners offer complementary services, working with you as a one-on-one resource to provide on-the-job training and sales management mentoring. These custom plans can include helping you design and run your weekly sales meeting, providing pre-call planning or debriefing sales calls, creating structured interview process for more effective hiring, and providing tools and metrics to create accountability.